Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Rice Krispie PEEPS! Say Whaaaaaaat?

 Hello friends! If you love Rice Krispie Treats as well as Peeps (umm...they put me into a sugar coma every.single.Easter), then you'll love this combination! You follow the same exact recipe that is located on the side panel of a Rice Krispie cereal box, except instead of mashmallows use Peeps! I mean...PEEPS...melt in your mouth, velvety texture, and the crisp sugary edges...there's just too much DELICIOUSNESS there. Now, I realize some people will fight me on this. Some people detest Peeps and honestly, I'm not sure we can be friends, so just lie to me and say you love them even if you don't ;) I don't want to lose you as my friend. Moving on....


Seriously, these are just as simple to make as the regular treats, but you'll add two extra steps in layering the different colors. Check it out below:



OMGIWANTTHATBOWLRIGHTMEOW!!!!! #ihaveasugaraddiction


Side note: You'll get a good arm workout in Step 3...just trust me. Note: save yourself the headache and spray your spatula with cooking spray. You'll thank me later ;-)

After the cereal and marshmallow mixture is well combined, pour into a well greased 9x9 baking dish. Spray your hands too when it comes to pressing the cereal into the pan. Again, you can thank me later. Finally, follow steps 1-3 for your second and third layers. And this my friends is how they will turn out once you cut them up:



And there you have it! Rice Krispie Peeps. They are light, airy, and oh so good ;-) I made them for my sister's birthday over the weekend - and they turned out awesome. Try it out for yourselves and let me know your thoughts. I think it would also be fun to use cookie cutters and cut out shapes ie a bunny head, a carrot, an egg etc. Have fun with it and try NOT to stuff your face with Peeps along the way like I did...

Creatively Yours,
NorCal Contessa 



No comments:

Post a Comment