Monday, March 23, 2015

Don't be Rowdy, Have a Brownie!

Baddabing, baddabang! I just brought The Brownie to a whole new level! It was easy too! I added a secret ingredient....wait for it...PEPPERMINT essential oil. Now, you may look at me like I'm crazy and frankly, I don't blame you. But did you know you could bake with essential oils? Well you can, people! You can!!


We have some dear friends coming in from out of town tonight. I had been craving brownies but wanted to add a little something different. Not only does this oil help me combat my migraines, but it makes my brownies AMAAAAAAZING. Yes. Amazing has to be in all caps and written like that, because it's THAT good. I didn't have enough time to bake these from scratch, so I turned to my best baking pal Betty Crocker to help me out. I followed the recipe on the back of the box and before mixing all ingredients, I added 4 drops of Young Living Essential Oil Peppermint. 

Imagine if you can the smell of brownies baking in the oven. Your mouth is watering. Yes it is. And then...BAM! Your nose catches the invigorating smell of Peppermint and you want to dance your pants off! I mean, I did. 


How badly do you want to eat these glorious looking treats?! I KNOW! It's the perfect balance of chocolate and mint. The peppermint dances on your tongue and makes you want some more. It's a nice little surprise. So don't be shy, help yourself to more than one, no judgement here! 


Hmm...what else can I bake with my oils? I'll keep you posted! If you've baked or cooked with essential oils, namely Young Living, I want to hear all about it! Feel free to post below ;-)

Creatively Yours,
NorCal Contessa

No comments:

Post a Comment