Friday, July 22, 2016

The Best Pico de Gallo with Lime EO!

Pico De Gallo with Lime YLEO

We are in full blown summer mode around here. Just got back from a week long vacation at our happiest place on Earth and am feeling refreshed and relaxed. There's nothing like a true vacation full of rest and relaxation with the ones you love. While we were gone, our tomato plants went bonkers and produced crazy amounts of a variety of tomatoes, and jalapenos to boot! I looked at my husband, jumped up and down, ran outside and frantically started picking off the vines. I brought in over 40 tomatoes and a few peppers. What's a gal to do with tomatoes and jalapeno peppers? Why, make pico de gallo of course!



This recipe is very straightforward and easy. From start to finish it takes about 35-40 mins...but maybe that's because I distract myself like you wouldn't believe...or because I'm slow as molasses when it comes to chopping veggies... ;) Anyway, there is nothing better than the taste, smell, and feel of veggies fresh from your garden - right? I need to figure out how to bottle the smell of tomato vines and sell it. I'm obsessed with that smell, people! Without further ado, here we go!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 c seeded and diced tomatoes (we used a combination of our Isis Candy, Juliet, Green Zebra, and Cherry)

1/4 c diced red onion (I used white, but I don't think it matters much)

1T diced jalapenos (2 small or 1 large)

1T minced garlic

1 drop of Young Living Essential Oil Lime (in place of 1T lime juice)

Salt and pepper to taste

Makes approx 3 cups

Directions:

Dice and mince to your heart's desire and put all ingredients in a glass bowl. Mix until well combined.































Pico People, are your mouths watering yet? Can you smell the pungent garlic? The juicy tomatoes? What about the crispness of the onion and spicy jalapeno? My mouth waters just looking at it all. 

The very last thing you are going to do is add the essential oil. I use Young Living Essential Oils in my baking and cooking. This recipe originally calls for the juice of a lime, but who wants to use an 'ol lime when you have LIME ESSENTIAL OILS?! HOLLAH!! 

One drop is truly all you need for this recipe. Anything more will overpower and you want to be able to enjoy all those flavors in one delicious bite :) 





























There you have it! An easy and light appetizer, perfect for last minute weekend BBQ's or summer night get-togethers ;) Pair it with a margarita and use a drop of Lime YLEO to kick it up a notch. Or add a drop of Lime YLEO to your Corona or Modelo and you can always thank me later ;)

Here's to summer!
The NorCal Contessa 

No comments:

Post a Comment