Monday, October 13, 2014

The Top 3 Reasons I've Been M.I.A

Good grief.

I mean really.

 You know that saying "When it rains, it pours?" Well, I've been privvy to the rain and it's been more of a torrential downpour, rather than a sprinkling, these last two months. It all started with a crazy back injury at the gym. I was in one of my favorite HIIT classes when we were doing routine deadlifts. Remember the gratitude post I wrote about? Yeah, it was that incident. Well, about three weeks later I was (un)lucky enough to catch some crazy virus. The kind of virus that had me experiencing the following symptoms: dizziness, EXTREME nausea, full body chills, fatigue, low grade fever, and did I mention the nausea? This dang virus lasted two weeks. TWO WEEKS. Um. Not cool. At all. Nope.

 Fast forward to this week and my computer crapped out on me. I'm right in the midst of my busy season with photographing clients for the holidays! DAMN YOU COMPUTER. This ain't the time to go crapping out on me. I mean, I know nothing of computers. I can't pretend, I just don't get "them." Luckily, a friend of mine agreed to help me out. He's currently working on it as we speak. By the way, THANK YOU DALE! Anyway, I was feeling like this black cloud wouldn't leave my side and then it hit me....maybe, just maybe this is all happening for a reason. Perhaps I just need to s-l-o-w the heck down. Maybe I just need to take inventory of all that's around me. Maybe I need to be a little more grateful for what I do have? And maybe, just maybe I needed something like the gym injury, the computer crashing, and the god awful virus to literally smack me upside the head and say, "Hey Nicole! SLOW DOWN. You're going at a 100 miles an hour, it's too much!" Or maybe I just need to channel Simon and Garfunkel's "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)"

Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy
Ba da da da da da da, feelin' groovy

Hey guys, I see you. I hear you.

Anyway, I'm rambling. But my point was to explain why I've been away for a while. Thank you to some wonderful followers and fans for your emails and inquiries as to "when will I put up a new blog post?!" I needed that, thank you :) This little 'break' has given me a lot of time to really think about where I wanted to go next with my blog. I've got a lot of ideas! I've got a front door fall wreath to share with you, a pallet sign in the works, a few recipes up my sleeve, and many more diy ideas to share!

Thanks for being there, folks. Thanks for showing you care. And thank you for listening to the rambling. If nothing else, I've learned to bring more positive in and let the negative go. (Which is really hard for this Type A control freak ;-) ) 

Stay tuned in the next week or two - you'll be happy you did!!

Creatively Yours,
NorCal Contessa

No comments:

Post a Comment